How To Install a Hard Shell Roof Top Tent
If you love to spend time in the great outdoors but have difficulty sleeping on the ground, it’s time to install a roof top tent! Hard shell roof tops tents are designed with convenience, durability, and longevity in mind so you can set up camp right on top of your vehicle.
At Hutch Tents, we make it easy for you to become one with nature without hurting your back or letting the inclement weather ruin your tent at ground level. Our hard shell roof top tents make installing a roof top tent by yourself simple and seamless so you can stop wasting time setting up your sleeping accommodations and start focusing on the lovely scenery and adventure Mother Nature has to offer.
Follow our step-by-step guide on how to install a hard shell roof top tent to prepare for your next camping trip:
How to Install a Roof Top Tent
If you want to install a roof top tent on you car, you just need a set of crossbars. Even if your car doesn’t have a set of crossbards already, you can manually install a set! Once you have this straightened out, the rest of the work is seamless. Some might say it’s even easier than installing a soft tent, which is already very simple. Here’s how it’s done:
Remove the content of the roof top tent box. Each box comes with a roof tent mounting kit. This includes:
- Roof top tent mounting brackets
- Roof top tent mounting hardware
This hardware will be used to mount the bottom of the hard shell tent to the roof of your car.
- Starting at one corner, install the first mounting plate to the bottom of the tent. Repeat on every corner.
- Move to the crossbars of you vehicle and install the mounting hardware to each corner so that it aligns with the roof top tent plates.
- Move the roof top tent to the crossbars of your vehicle with the help of a family member or friend. Lift the tent from opposite ends and place it directly on top of the vehicle. At this time, you can slide the mounting plates to position them around the structure of the roof for safe securing.
And just like that, you’ve installed a roof top tent! For increased storage space, comfort, and durability, consider a hard shell roof top tent for your next outdoor adventure.If you’re ready to take a camping trip with convenience in mind, browse our collection of hard shell roof top tents today.